Right bank head removal.

JonRigby

So turns out the broken bolt in my head cannot be removed on the car due to an extreme lack of space so the head has to come off. How much would places charge for this and any recommendations around Peterborough or Cambridge?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Can't get a picture as I'm no where near the car but it's the top right rocker cover bolt of the right hand bank as you are looking at the engine from the front of the car.

All 10 bolts on the L/H bank are accessible for removal if broken, granted the rears have less room to work around, but it is certainly doable with out taking off the head, providing you have the correct tools and a little skill.

• Like 1

Ahh that's not too bad if worst comes to worst. Had a guy out today who couldn't get anything he had on it, its the one nearest the bulkhead under the water pipe, if it was any other bolt we could of removed it there and then :(

Ahh that's not too bad if worst comes to worst. Had a guy out today who couldn't get anything he had on it, its the one nearest the bulkhead under the water pipe, if it was any other bolt we could of removed it there and then :(

Yes agree not much room for that one however certainly doable in situ. trust me.

Otherwise if you can not find any one with the suitable skills or desire, then just slip the engine and gearbox forward an inch which would take about an hour, but really this should not necessary.

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 1

It's down to how you're going about job .l would try siting a new nut on the broken stud filling the hole in the middle with a mig welder the heat from welding on to the stud will melt eny thread lock that may have been used. Screw out with a ratchet and socket I've removed loads of broken bolts this way.