Exhaust fitting...CAT Back

iwanprice12

Having received my Cobra Exhaust today :p , and Y pipe from Tarmac Sportz, I went to get a price about fitting it this week. I was going to do this myself, but having been under the car and seeing the state of the nuts & bolts connecting the Y pipe to the CATS (and a Stag do to attend over the weekend), I went to get a quote.

A local garage have quoted me £100 to do this, reasonable or not? I asked about if the job took longer, would it change the price and he assured me it was "£100 all in".

Reasonable? The garage is only about a mile away so is convenient to be able to drop it off on the way to work.

Thanks,

Iwan

Edited by iwanprice12

£100 all in is around 2 hours labour so it's not all that bad, you could probably do it yourself if you have the right tools but if a nut is seized on you might need to grind it off or use a bit of heat to get it off.

If it was my car, I'd do it myself - but if you can't be arsed and have £100 kicked about then get it done at your local garage.

Thanks for the advice guys. Bit the bullet & paid the £100 for the Y pipe, mid section & back box. To be fair, it was a local tyre fitter and when they inspected the job, did actually point out to me the trouble they would have (nuts and bolts were totally rusted). Apparently it was a bit of a job to get the exhaust to fit neatly as well. Happy with the results & saved me a lot of swearing and gruntin! :D

Edited by iwanprice12