Propshaft grinding noise

mrkieran23

So i have a grinding kinda noise on the Zed, its a 54 with 43k on the clock, for the last few weeks been feeling / hearing a grinding noise low revs under mild acceleration, had the car up on the ramps today and had a look and found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRYlE7CWrA0

This is the noise i can hear and i can feel through the car, through the pedals in every gear, 1st and 2nd more so we they are pulling away gears mostly used. It didn't do this to begin with and doesnt always do it but its there more often that not.

Can anybody shed some light on this? i have RAC warranty and have owned the car for just over 1 month, got it from a car dealer.

Look forward to thoughts.

This is my first zed and first RWD hat i have had to look at so im not 100% what im looking for although i intend on learning.

I was in the car when the video was being taken so didn't check for play. Should there be any play in the shaft? or a little?

to be honest i'm really looking for the definite answer of "no this shaft shouldn't sound like this" once i'm 100% i can look to into fixing or replacing.

Anybody have an idea on rough price of these new n pre-owned? i know i can PM the above member :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...