quick question on selling a car

bigmike20vt

Hi.

A bit of an odd one. We just came to sell my wifes car, the insurance and tax run out at end of this month so want to do it asap..... and the V5 is in her maiden name.

is this a problem, and assuming it isnt, should she sign her name using her married name or her maiden name (we were married 3 years ago)

thanks for your thoughts

M.

PS this isnt the Zed.... tho sadly that is probably going too in a few months :(

DVLA won't care. I would sign it in the maiden name, just to stop any awkward questions.

However, if I was a buyer and came across that situation, I simply wouldn't buy the car. If someone can't be bothered to change the V5 to the right name, what else is iffy? Not saying anything is wrong in your case, it's just what I would think as a buyer. Hopefully your buyer won't ask!

Thanks so much for the replies. Its pretty much what I thought. @ Ekona... I see your point and I would like to think it is not something I would have forgotten, however its not my car and I get moaned at for "interferring!" ;)

Its only a cheap car, so I doubt it will put anyone off.... Had it of been my Zed for instance I would probably get it updated fully before selling.... but with only 20 days remaining on the tax, and insurance, I want to get shut of the punto asap :)

Anyways, thanks again!.

Mike

Edited by bigmike20vt