Bc coilovers fitted, is this normal ? ? ?

newkid

Hey, I have just had bc br series coilovers fitted by the fellas at japex. Awesome guys by the way. Anyway after a 30 mile ish drive it seems as though my passenger rear is about an inch lower than my drivers side ? Front is ok and as far as I can see the height settings are exactly the same. Could it just be because the suspension is settling in or is it something more sinister. It's a fair difference and slightly worrying. Any help much appreciated.

More sinister :stir: they should take a while to settle but you can rock the car back and forth to speed things up. Since the 350z/370z has separate springs on the rears it may look like the shocks are correct but it is the springs that adjust the ride height. Not the easiest to setup correctly if you have never done a car with this suspension setup before.

More sinister :stir: they should take a while to settle but you can rock the car back and forth to speed things up. Since the 350z/370z has separate springs on the rears it may look like the shocks are correct but it is the springs that adjust the ride height. Not the easiest to setup correctly if you have never done a car with this suspension setup before.

The springs seem exactly the same height to. I measured the length of the thread showing on either side and its bang on.

4d16884c7f1828244c44f263b6c59ca9.jpg4d705787c028684e635dcb65b6ad5de8.jpg

Give it overnight to settle then take it back if its still not right unless you are willing to jack it up, take the wheels off and have a good look.

The springs sit in rubber seats and should locate pretty obviously so don't think that would be an issue also the tops clip in and are the same obvious.

IMAG04981_zpscrslp2az.jpg

Without trying to state the obvious is your car parked on level ground?

I did think about that an moved it somewhere I knew was perfectly flat but although it made it a little better its still way off

Give it overnight to settle then take it back if its still not right unless you are willing to jack it up, take the wheels off and have a good look.

The springs sit in rubber seats and should locate pretty obviously so don't think that would be an issue also the tops clip in and are the same obvious.

IMAG04981_zpscrslp2az.jpg

Thanks for this mate I will give it until tomorrow then jack it up an take a look. Pretty sure the guys at japex wouldn't have made a mistake an it's more likely something to do with the car ? Maybe bushes worn or something ?

Could be weight, could be a number of things, just adjust the spring to suit and then adjust the shock, just remember the spring will compress so its handy to have a spare jack under the spring bucket after you have adjusted the height on it so the shock can be setup for a little preload but not as much if you dont compress the spring (i.e. simulate the car weight on the suspension arms)

• Like 1