4 wheel laser alignment in South West Wales

iwanprice12

Having recently had an MOT (car passed with only a couple of advisories), both front tyres seem to have worn on the inside shoulders. The tyres have only done approx 10k miles (Falken Z919) but now need replacing. I also have the same tyres on the rear (slightly newer so little less milage) but nowhere near the same wear.

With the fronts wearing on the inside shoulders, would I be right in thinking the wheels need to be aligned? The tracking was done before by a local garage but wasn't too impressed (although service for tyres etc is great and always manages to match prices and a loyalty discount 😉)

Therefore I'm faced with 2 dilemmas;

1) Fit another set of the Falken Z919 on the front? (Around 6mm left on rears)

2) is there anywhere in South West Wales that does 4 wheel alignment frona reasonable cost? (I live about 8 miles west from Llanelli)

Thanks,

Iwan

Edited by iwanprice12

I think 350zed found somewhere up near him

Great, thanks. Will pick some brains! I think a friend of a friend has the kit (does autograss etc) but was just wondering if anyone has had a good experience from a reputable garage.

It's only a bit of a drive to Bridgend - but go to Avia Auto's - Andy there is an absolute legend when it comes to alignment and cheap too, especially considering what he does. I had my Zed done there, he won't leave it go unless it's right. You can watch him work and he'll explain it all so hopefully you'll know what to look for in future. Very recommended.

Edited by roscopervis
  • Like 1

Had my alignment done with Supertracker at Maesgwyn Garage, Capel Isaac. Highly recommended...use them for everything if we cant do it ourselves.

Price will vary if they have to unseize anything, but usually around £40

Its about 25 miles from you out in the sticks!

• Like 1

Had my alignment done with Supertracker at Maesgwyn Garage, Capel Isaac. Highly recommended...use them for everything if we cant do it ourselves.

Price will vary if they have to unseize anything, but usually around £40

Its about 25 miles from you out in the sticks!

Just realised Capel Isaac is near Llanfynydd, brother in law is from there! He probably knows the garage well! (He's a mechanic also)

• Like 1

redcard.gif

sorry

it's' LASER'

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Haha sorry. Edited! Typeo in all honesty! Hmmm...my bad...seeming as I'm teacher.....:s

Edited by iwanprice12