Any cigar aficionado's on here?

marzman

I wouldn't consider myself a smoker, but i've always had the odd cigar when the mood takes me.

I'm on a bit of a journey trying to try as many brands as possible. The best i've found to date (which was a gift from the USA) has been a Gurkha Beast!

I recently got my own humidor and have got a few choice cigars in there at the moment. I've just had a Dunhill Aged this evening, with a glass of Port* (*several glasses)

52FD62B5-D4CB-427C-B7E9-9E053578399C-4316-000007BA8F0DDB7A_zpsg9plsyia.jpg

764C436B-BF5F-44EF-9290-021039705227-4316-000007BC5F33917A_zpsqzlfn2as.jpg

Whilst i'm very much an amateur on the scene, my brother is trying to make a career out of cigars! He's been a big fan for a long time, and he's in the process of opening up a website for cigar sales. I've helped him out a little with the site, but his long term goal is to be able to quit work and open up a cigar shop!

If anybody is a fan, please take a look. It's still a work in progress, but he is open for business.

http://www.mcdonaldcigars.co.uk/

Yes I've got a humidor with around 100 Cubans in. I smoke cigarillos daily (Montecristo or Romeo y Julieta) and larger vitolas at weekends/special occasions. I am vaping at the moment to try and cut down the amount I smoke. :( Been into them since trying one in Cuba years ago.

Website looks good, but prices are fairly high. He will struggle to compete with big people like Cgars. I assume he only offers EMS cigars? There is quite a shortage of B&M cigar shops around England though, he may be onto a winner if he opens one in the right area.

Edit - actually just noticed it's free postage on everything, so does make it more competitive. :)

Edited by Jp606

Jose L Piedra for me, can be found around Europe for about £1 each, excellent value for money.

Can he get hold of them ? If he could and sold them at a reasonable price I'd become a customer.

Yes I've got a humidor with around 100 Cubans in. I smoke cigarillos daily (Montecristo or Romeo y Julieta) and larger vitolas at weekends/special occasions. I am vaping at the moment to try and cut down the amount I smoke. :( Been into them since trying one in Cuba years ago.

Website looks good, but prices are fairly high. He will struggle to compete with big people like Cgars. I assume he only offers EMS cigars? There is quite a shortage of B&M cigar shops around England though, he may be onto a winner if he opens one in the right area.

Edit - actually just noticed it's free postage on everything, so does make it more competitive. :)

Yes just EMS for now as far as i know.

Free postage on everything - i know his initial strategy is to beat competitors on price so hopefully the combined effect is that he's cheaper overall!

Jose L Piedra for me, can be found around Europe for about £1 each, excellent value for money.

Can he get hold of them ? If he could and sold them at a reasonable price I'd become a customer.

I'll ask and let you know.

• Like 1