Clark motorsport clutch and flywheel

billydc2

I recently buggered my standard clutch so I was shopping around for a clutch and light flywheel. As like most though I didn't want something that was going to sound like the gearbox was going to drop out. I reckon an aluminium one would be too much noise to cope with.

After a couple of traders hadn't replied to me, about their kit I went to clark motorsport and saw their extreme organic clutch and single mass flywheel kit.

Now my knowledge about clutches is limited I'm not too clued up technically so bare with me.

when I had it fitted, straight away it felt a lot better than standard, more aggressive but easy to use day to day. It seems to grab better and going through the gears feels more responsive. It just feels strong and sharp.

As for the flywheel the car spins up so much quicker now. Coming from a long line of Hondas which rev up quick, the only thing I didn't like about the v6 was that it felt a bit lazy. It now spins up like a 4 pot. Much more rev happy.

Now I know a lot are a bit wary of going to single mass for the noise. It really is hardly ever noticeable. The only time I can hear it really is when I put slight revs on in 2nd gear it makes a bit of noise but that's been picky. You'd have to turn radio down to hear it. I doubt it would bother the fussiest of drivers.

All in all the kit is great. Definitely recommend it. The guys at Clark were good too. Talked me through everything and a great service. Cheers

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

This is the exact set up that I have been pondering over and think I'll be going for early next year, reviews like this really help decision making, so thanks OP.

If I had one question it would be, does the car still do the GT aspect perfectly? Since I've had my Zed it's been an absolute pleasure having something with very decent performance when in the mood yet makes long journeys effortless, does having a much happier revving car remove that lazy aspect and turn it into something that wants to be on the edge all the time?