Scrap OEM Catalytic Converters

c0vert

Just had the cats changed on my car for a couple of OEM ones I bought off eBay that don't have holes, cracked brackets, road damage and rusted off heat shields. Sorted out my blowing exhaust issues in time for the MOT.

Now I'm left with these two less-than-useful ones, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's still possible to get any money for them for the scrap value of the rare metals that are inside them? I did a search on google but none of the companies I found who said they take old scrap cats got back to me with a quote.

I can salvage the lambda sensors off them and looks like I can get around £60 selling those on eBay, but I hate to see precious rhodium, platinum and palladium go to waste in a skip.

• 1 month later...

Update

Thanks all. It was difficult to find someone to take them because they haven't got any codes or markings on them, even when I pulled up in the car and said look, they came from that! You can check!

In the end I got the big Liverpool metal merchants A&M metals (at the docks) to take them. I had 3 to get rid of, and they gave me £90.