GTR-D 10j + 12j issues

Swiftyy

So I have fitted the wheels finally but having problems and in need of some advice.

Wheel specs:

Fronts - 10j ET12 235/35R18

Rears - 12j ET0 275/35R18

Problem I'm having is one of the front tyres leak air but the other doesn't? And the tears are pretty much sat on the arch.

I'm going to be having the arches rolled but thinking the tears may need a flare with them being ET0..

I have some pictures I quickly took but will get more tomorrow when we are in to try get the tyre to seal and get the rears I the arches till I get them rolled.

Any advice or ideas will be brilliant!

Running a 11" with a 20 offset and had to roll the arches and its close, a 12 on a 0 is almost another 2" further out!

Are you sure they are 0?

Jetpilot have you got any pics of your wheels fitted?

They are 100% ET0 12J mate. I ordered them from Driftworks and they said that they would fit..

I'm just waiting for the pictures to upload to photo bucket and will get better pictures tomorrow.

Got a huge amount of camber on the rears already

Edited by Swiftyy

There's some pictures to give you an idea.

I wasn't planning on running big camber but have no choice at this moment in time. I believe I will need a flare on the rear arches to give the extra bit of room.

Just after some advice from people who have run wide wheels and stretch with me front tyre leaking air

i run the exact same wheels, with 12 offset all round. 9.5j front 10j rear and -2 camber front and -1.5 camber rear, 45mm or so lower on coilys

just saying i wouldnt dare run a 235 on my 10j, i run a 265 and that just fits

ran a 245 on my 10j and that was as stretched as i dare

also youll need toe bolts or even new arms with wheels that wide on the rear

my arches needed hella rolling as well

i now run 255 et12 front 265 rear with previously mentioned camber and lows. front still rubs a bit. new adjustable front camber arms, rear camber arms and toe arms. PU bushes all up front

i though my specs were tight but safe but you gonna have some problems

Edited by Desey

I was using the rim tuck website and a few people was using 235's on the front which is why I went for this size as now fitted I agree it is hella stretched. Looking to go 245/40R18 on the front once these wear down.

I'm hoping to add a little more camber on the rear to clear the lip till its rolled and run my dampening hard.

You think my rear arches will need flaring?

I never said I didn't want to run camber? I said I wasn't expecting to run as much camber. Or at least that is what I was meant to say.

Besides the point I was asking for advice, not ignorant comments.

You think my rear arches will need flaring?

I think the photos answer that question, dont think you have any choice, a bodyshop will be able to pull the arches to give some clearance and if you want to tuck the top edges of the wheels in, run more camber, unless of course you want that poked look.

Edited by Jetpilot

I never said I didn't want to run camber? I said I wasn't expecting to run as much camber. Or at least that is what I was meant to say.

Besides the point I was asking for advice, not ignorant comments.

I just thought the cambergang would be a little more hardcore, sorry if I upset you.

• Like 1

Not upset me at all lad. Was just seeking advice from people who have fitted wide wheels.

Had a lot of progress today and almost got them fitted. A roll all round and a flare on the rear will get these to fit

Edited by Swiftyy