Hello All 370GT Soon to be owner

Welcome to 370 ownership :thumbs:

Seeing you are in Kent, I can recommend Nissan Motorline at Tunbridge Wells for aftercare. They are a HPC centre and I found their knowledge, advice and service very satisfactory during the 3 years warranty of my 370z.

One of the first things I changed was the exhaust to a Stillen cat-back system after less than a month's ownership. Now if anything went wrong with that system clearly Nissan would not cover it under warranty and yes if it were discovered it had caused other failures on the car then those failures might not be covered. But let's get real here, The aftermarket stainless steel exhausts are a better long-term prospect than the OEM exhaust and in the near-on 5 years I had the car there was absolutely no issues with it. Motorline did not have any issue with it's fitment and indeed when the gearbox was changed just before waranty expiry (more as a precaution due to an abnormal whine rather than any major issue) the exhaust had to be partly removed and that attracted no 'penalty'.

Road noise in the 370 I found a little more intrusive than on the previous 350's - but I put that down to the absence of a vertical divider with the main boot space due as there is no visible strut within which to fix the divider. But in all honesty tyre make can be more of an issue and as you will have experienced with your previous cars, varying road surfaces affect different tyres. Whenever the weather allowed I would lower the window to enjoy the V6 and exhaust and for me that drowned out any road noise concern :lol:

Enjoy the car :D

Hi all,

so yesterday i picked up my car, drove it straight back home and left it over night. first thing this morning i took it for a drive and on the motorway. Ive got to say road noise, is not noticeable, in fact the Seat Leon supercopa was worse. Yes the exhaust has to be replaced at some point, but to be honest I am quite happy with the way it is. Two things that's quite anoying about the car.

1.) drink holder where my bottle of water sits gets in the way when changing gear. (will have to find another place)

2. 5 and 6 gear just does not seem to have much pickup.

maybe its new, things need to settle down, but i am really happy with the car, what also surprised me the most about the car, is the quality of the sound from the manufacturer.

I've always had to change the speakers in cars, but in this car there is no need. only thing that bugs me is the limitations of storage size and folders. I stuck in a 256GB USB it did not recognise it, had to rush out and buy a 64GB memory stick and downsize my music collection, also adjusting the audio quality.

I'm now looking forward to spending the next couple of years enjoying the 370, maybe not enjoying the petrol consumption, but its worth it.