clicking knocking sound from rear

Fluke

I noticed this morning a knocking or clicking sound coming from the drivers side rear wheel, I tried rocking the wheel to see if it was a bearing, but cant find anything, so will jack the car up and have a proper look when I get home.

I did have a quick look underneath and didn't see anything loose, although I did notice the part pictured was heavily corroded and appears to be split. Can anyone tell me what it is and is it easily replaced?

FullSizeRender.jpg

I would say clicky axel mate but mine didn't do it all the time. Don't mean to offend but the handbrake was off when you checked the bearings yes? And that part; I have no idea however just take it off! I had that same problem a few months ago to that exact same part, I was corroding in my hands mate. I just pulled it off and the plastic part it's next to. Doesn't look important. Lol

#weightreduction

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

Edited by JoKeR

The clicking/knocking occurs even at low speed and over level ground its a regular sound I am sure I can feel it through the handbrake. I have been quoted £350 for both rear bearings to be replaced, which I intend getting done anyway as there is a slight rumble on the passenger rear.

The clicking/knocking occurs even at low speed and over level ground its a regular sound I am sure I can feel it through the handbrake. I have been quoted £350 for both rear bearings to be replaced, which I intend getting done anyway as there is a slight rumble on the passenger rear.

Mate, PM ZManAlex and buy two second hand hub and bearings complete. About (£50-70 each). Then it's about an hour or two labour tops in any garage. Don't spend too much getting it done. I bought one from him an it cost me £60 to fit in a local garage I just told him what torque to do everything to. Hope this helps mate

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

I noticed this morning a knocking or clicking sound coming from the drivers side rear wheel, I tried rocking the wheel to see if it was a bearing, but cant find anything, so will jack the car up and have a proper look when I get home.

I did have a quick look underneath and didn't see anything loose, although I did notice the part pictured was heavily corroded and appears to be split. Can anyone tell me what it is and is it easily replaced?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thats the protector for the EVAP Hoses.