Grrr, windows reset every 3 weeks

Um, at my wits end now, driving me mad, every 3 weeks this is happening after a reset

I've spent about £350 on bits n labour over the last 3 months yet my windows still mis behaving.

Pax window now drops a third when you shut the door without touching the switch, the drivers side rises to the top then drops a third when using the switch.

Battery never dis connected, is there something I'm doing to make em forget what they're supposed to do!!

Had my pas window motor replaced which fixed the issue. It did every now and then drop and not go back up until reset.

Finally found this was due to battery being low on power. Replaced my battery and haven't had issue since.

Not sure if this helps, how old is your battery.

Edited by Piranha

Shot in the dark, but I had a similar issue with the drivers window, and it was because I hadn't shut the door when I did the motor reset (pressing the button on the motor itself as you move the window up then down (from memory - check the actual reset procedure).

Otherwise it could be a faulty motor (I had one of those too). Good luck.

Pm R35LEE - he's not far from you and I'm sure could help you with a fix, and if any more parts are necessary.

Here is some good advice on another thread by a post from samniss350z:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:33

If you remove the window motor and strip it down you will find that the inside will be covered in gunk and crap. Give it a good clean with a toothbrush (the wife's will do) and solvent and then remove the brushes. Chances are that these will be worn down to the nub end . Maplins do a brushes that are virtually a direct replacement (a little mat/l needs to be removed). Replace, refit and all should be well. My motor has lasted 2 years so far. This is the only fix that has worked long term for me. I can't recall the Maplin part No; but will try to dig it out if you require. This fix cost about £8 as opposed to the £130 plus you'll pay for a new motor. I initially just cleaned out the motor but within a couple of months it started to fail again. Good Luck.

• 1 month later...

Ooooops, so sorry missed these replies.

It's all happened again, new motor recently, battery 2 years old, reset again, lasted 2 weeks.