facelift headlights

DJ350zUK

Hi Guys

I recently had a little accident in my car and have cracked the outside plastic on my face lift headlight.

I can't seem to find replacement plastic lens covers anywhere and replacement original headlights seem to be extortionate prices.

Does anyone know where I could get a darker set of facelift headlights from?

Ideally I want them simple and not too tacky.

All ideas appreciated.

Thanks

i used to work in a parts store. We sold anything from OEM to after market for many cars. Never came across the option of being able to just buy a lense though.

You could try getting a cheap second hand non facelift set and just using that lense "BUT" that would no doubt require some dodgy retro fit.

As hard as it's going to kick you in the wallet I honestly think the only way to go around is to go online searching through breakers yards hoping someone else clouted the other side

i used to work in a parts store. We sold anything from OEM to after market for many cars. Never came across the option of being able to just buy a lense though.

You could try getting a cheap second hand non facelift set and just using that lense "BUT" that would no doubt require some dodgy retro fit.

As hard as it's going to kick you in the wallet I honestly think the only way to go around is to go online searching through breakers yards hoping someone else clouted the other side

Nail hit on the head! The non facelift lens will fit perfectly on the facelift unit :yahoo:

Edited by KyleR

Thanks guys!

I will keep my eye out for some cheap non facelift and swap the lens, as I'd like to smoke my internals anyway.

And a wee bit of understeer into a curb followed by a pretty tough barrier!

Both of us were ok as we were only doing 30mph, it was just really greasy as it was the first drop of rain for ages.

A bit embarrassing as I wasn't going at any real speed but I have to keep laughing about it otherwise I'll break down in tears lol!

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.