Zed or Me?

SiriusProjects

Hi Guys,

Just want to run this query past you and see what you think.

I was out in my Zed earlier and was going down a hill. It had a 30mph speed limit, so I slowed down and put the car into 3rd. I then just lightly applied the accelerator to keep the momentum going, however I started feeling some hesitation from the engine. I was doing on or just under 30mph.

The thing is, I've had this a few times when driving downhill. Sometimes I only drop down to 4th but I still get the problem.

It's really starting to bug me, but the thing is, I don't know if it's necessarily the car. Could it be my driving style? I just don't know.

What do you guys think?

It will be the fuel switching on and off, modern ECU's switch the injectors off when the throttle is closed when coming down the rev range, it switches back on at a given RPM, you can feel it do this, if you catch it at the point of switching it feels like a hesitation as the fuel switches on and off.

• Like 1

Try dropping one more gear - but then I enjoy engine braking and with the syncro rev on the 370 it was even harder to resist :lol:. Not everyone's cup of tea but I did not find the symptons you have described with the 3 Zeds I owned.