A members car detailed (lots of pics!)

bryd

Top job :thumbs:

Did you use a rotary or PC / UDM?

At last someone has shown Jetseal results on a Zed here too! :thumbs: It is good stuff, especially on wheels to prevent the typical dust build up.

Now don't do it again Stevie! :p

Steve, I know exactly how you're feeling b'cos I felt the same when I first got Craig (muddydetail) to do mine just before the Wales run in April.

BE VERY CAREFUL when washing it now. Be sure to get on detailingworld.co.uk and learn how to minimise the risk of ruining it all again. I am VERY careful and I still have Craig come every 8 weeks to keep it looking good - it's such a shame to let it get bad again.

Believe me, you WILL put swirls and sratches on it and you WILL be pi$$ed off b'cos you'll be determined to keep it looking sweet now. Let's hope you don't get quite as anal as I am with mine :blush:

:thumbs:

I can afford a respray + extra clear coat, think I might do that next spring.

Hey Jonathon - good to hear from ya mate! Not seen you since last year's Wales meet.

I have used the mitts etc but its still a PITA...

You want to meet up before another Reading meet and give it the once over Stevie? ;)

Had a call from Steve asking my to give his 350Z a bit of TLC, after seeing a link to some of my work that someone had posted.

Is this the same Bryan that did mine 3 weeks or so back :) If so, Nissan are finally sorting the paintwork. Rear spoiler was water contamination at the factory. Both wings are to be resprayed. Had thickness measured all over, between 90 and 110 everywhere, very consistent so that's good.

Once it's been resprayed would you be able to do the same job again, just so we can start afresh!! :o

Had a call from Steve asking my to give his 350Z a bit of TLC, after seeing a link to some of my work that someone had posted.

Is this the same Bryan that did mine 3 weeks or so back :) If so, Nissan are finally sorting the paintwork. Rear spoiler was water contamination at the factory. Both wings are to be resprayed. Had thickness measured all over, between 90 and 110 everywhere, very consistent so that's good.

Once it's been resprayed would you be able to do the same job again, just so we can start afresh!! :o

Hi Mark

Be more than happy to, hope Nissan are going to foot the bill this time :headhurt:

You couldn't email the pics over if possible could you please :thumbs:

Bryan

Bryan,

Tried emailing... it bounced, give me a call if you want to know the error. anyhow, all the photos you and I took are available here:

http://gallery.mac.com/mpkaye#100035&bgcolor=black

If you hit the download thingy on the main album page it will zip them all up for you to download in one go. Otherwise you can download the ones you like.

As far as aftercare is concerned, I've been snowfoaming it, rinsing with a pressure washer and then drying (with a Megs drying towel). I follow this with a coat of Zaino 6 or 8 or both depending on how I'm feeling, applied using microfibre cloths. Is this OK? It doesn't seem to have been dirty enough to shampoo (I have some Megs Gold class shampoo) as after snowfoam and rinse it appears spotless!

Cheers,

M

Hi Mark

Have replied to email, although now seeing you have mentioned a megs drying towel, these have a habit of marking after a few washes. You might want to try one of the duragloss ones.

http://www.duragloss.co.uk/sb-products. ... tegory=322

If you call Steve from Duragloss and tell him i recommended it he might give you a discount, also their shampoo is fantastic as well