Springs and Spacers

Phill_92

I've tried to avoid asking a question that's been asked before by searching and all I found was information on lowering 30mm.

I have just fitted 25/30mm spacers on my zed as I had never planned to lower it. I thought the only drop offered by springs was 30mm and as my driveway is pretty steep I assumed a 30mm drop would make the car pretty impractical.

Anyway i've only just seen that Tein offer a 17/14mm drop, does anyone know of anyone running them with 25/30mm spacers? I just want to know if I can get away with running them without any scrubbing.

Thanks in Advance.

Im around 45mm lower, im usually fine, i just avoid most driveways. Speedhumps can be very problematic! My rear W brace is in a bad way :yuck:

a lot of people here run 30mm no problem i think, im sure they will clarify

this is on 18 inch wheels i presume, with around standard tyre profile

Ooops I see if posted this twice!

Yes sorry to clarify standard rays with 25-30mm spacers. not worried about scrubbing as in the bottom of the car on road surface more of the wheel rubbing on the arches/liner when on lock?

You are worrying for nothing. At 17mm you will be fine. Provided no crazy sideskirt/front lip and wheels. Are you running 30mm on Rays? Bit excessive if that's the case. An ET of 12-15mm will give the perfect poke.

I am running Tein springs and 25/30mm spacers it's absolutely fine no rubbing etc but my exhaust does catch on some bumps now.

You running stock exhaust or aftermarket?

I don't scrape at all but will be getting the cobra non res soon.

I have a Japspeed K1 and they do hang a bit low!