Ride Height Woes

Ceejay29

Hi Fellow Zedders,

Carried out a much needed ride height adjustment over the weekend and now hate the way it drives; for the record the car was lifted by an inch or so (slightly more OSR as it was a tad lower visually). Standard protocol really; used the spanners to adjust the shocker at the rear (coilover) and left the spring as it is and damping. Now for some reason the OSR is firmer than the NSR....much firmer :wacko: So much so that it is either going to bounce me off of the road mid corner or break something.....probably my back!

So what have I done wrong?

Thanks

Take some tension off the spring ...

JC

My thought exactly. So for clarity; if the shock is at its longest would that mean that the spring is elongated. If so I would have thought it would be soft as it isn't as compressed?

Edited by Ceejay29

Be careful with messing around with the actual springs as that is the preload and they are set by the factory as a standard pretty much, that side of things is generally quite in depth and not something I would get involved with myself.

Ride hight, not a problem. An easy thing to do but always measure or mark and count complete or half turns

Damping stiffness, most coilovers have this adjustment on the top of the shock itself, again use a mark and count complete or half turns.

If none of the above seem to be doing you any great justice I have to say dropping into a decent tuning garage rather than your local to have a fast road setup applied with wheel alignment (while your there) is always well worth the money

I don't mean to preach, I merely talk from personal mistake and a lesson learnt from it, I hope something there helps

:)

• Like 1

So I adjusted the shocker alone, treating it as a true coilover, when in hindsight I should have adjusted the spring? Consequently theOSR is a lot firmer as this was adjusted more to compensate the adverse ride height. Thankfully I used a vernier gauge and can revert back.

Why cant the rear be a true coilover.

So I adjusted the shocker alone, treating it as a true coilover, when in hindsight I should have adjusted the spring? Consequently theOSR is a lot firmer as this was adjusted more to compensate the adverse ride height. Thankfully I used a vernier gauge and can revert back.

Why cant the rear be a true coilover.

I

t can be, you just have to buy true coilovers :p

Presumably the top mount would have to be reinforced?

So they say, but several members are running them with no additional work without issue. I can't think of anyone who has reinforced them.