LED Rear Lights vs Uk 06 Spec LED

Ross Mac

Hi,

Im after a set of the LED rear lights that I thnk became OEM on the 06 spec Z's iirc?

I've been on ebay uk but think that circa £250 is a lot for a set.

I then took a gander at us ebay and found a plethora of different LED rear lights so I was just wondering if anyone had any experiance about buying lights from across the pond?

These ones seem very very close to OEM style and spec:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-3 ... enameZWDVW

What you guys think? Better off giving them a a wide berth or give them a go? Also how hard is it to fit the rear lights? Is it a nightmarish bumper off job?

Cheers

Ross

I thought they were about £199 for the pair? MikeyF got some from Holdcroft IIRC.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Nissan-35 ... dZViewItem

£239 - not cheap , i tried a few weeks ago to get a good price on these and all the sources were around the £250 mark :yuck:

Take a look at Mike's post about a discount code. ;)

i'm sure it wont be substantial enough :wacko:

the other thing is, some need a slight adaptation to make them work in the uk (holdcroft) i think they are jap spec not true uk, if you buy from nissan ( who holdcroft are ?? ) they are plug and play ;)

the english ones just need some lugs removing on the cable connectors with a stanley knife to work. Not rue plug and play but pretty close. 5 min job anyway

I thought they were about £199 for the pair? MikeyF got some from Holdcroft IIRC.

£239 - not cheap , i tried a few weeks ago to get a good price on these and all the sources were around the £250 mark :yuck:

OK, lets clear this up. Based on what has been posted, they should be available, using a discount code available through this forum, for £199.

Holdcroft are a Nissan dealer. MJP are a trader on here, and also offer a discount. :thumbs:

OK, lets clear this up. Based on what has been posted, they should be available, using a discount code available through this forum, for £199.

Holdcroft are a Nissan dealer. MJP are a trader on here, and also offer a discount. :thumbs:

£199 plus p&p ?

Thanks for all the input guys with regards to where to get them from on the forum, however my question about US spec lights is still outstanding - does anyone know if these will fit a UK car, or if there are any differences that I need to be aware of?

If it would be loads of hassle to get them to work I'd sack them off and get some from Holdcrofts etc but if I can save circa £50 then I will just get them from the states

don't know what the connectors are like. The OEM ones from the states were direct plug and play with no stanley knife required. I don't know of anyone who has bought these alternatives. Also bear in mind import duty & VAT possibilities.

Hmm very valid points about the VAT and import duty - I'll contact the seller and see what they say...

its more to do with HM Customs and Exise this side of the Atlantic. Sometimes it gets though and sometimes you get stung

Mine were from holdcroft and cost less than £199 and DID need to be modified slightly, which even I managed to do myself :D

Like Sarnie said try holdcrofts. They did them for about £175 last time and a doddle to fit. PM Holdcroft2005 :thumbs:

Mine were from holdcroft and cost less than £199 and DID need to be modified slightly, which even I managed to do myself :D

Like Sarnie said try holdcrofts. They did them for about £175 last time and a doddle to fit. PM Holdcroft2005 :thumbs:

think it was £199 unless they have since dropped the price

Mine were £170 :)

Nope for defo £174.99 or £179.99 last time mike. :thumbs: