Weird charging/alternator issue!

S14DST

So today did my spark plugs and new front brake discs!

After doing that, 15min drive later charging went down completely, it was showing under 12V, turned around to head back to garage, and on the way back it started to charge for a minute or so, and then again died down to 12V... When I pulled to my garage it startet to charge fine aith 14.28V measured with multimeter from battery terminals!

The strange thing is that voltage falls in 3-5 seconds, not right away! Cleaned my alternator with brake cleaner and drove home, but after about 30min of driving it died again, and now I just don't know where to start!

Wiggled battery terminals and voltage was fine with no issues, even with all lights and heater on!

Where might be the issue?

Oh and my PAS pump is leaking on the alternator, but it's doing it for 6+months already and I try to pressure wash engine bay every month!

Hopefully someone had this kind of issue, because this is my only car and I need it to get fixed soon :/

Water and or fluid contaminating the alternator is not a good plan.

The PAS fluid may also be making the belt slip.

Pre owned fully working alternators are in stock if required.

Alex. :)

Yeah I know fluids aren't good, just money is very tight and can't get it rebuilt at the moment, and can't afford to buy new unit :/

Maybe you could PM me a price of pre owned units? ;)

Thos morning started the car, gauge was showing ~15V, which seems a bit high, but after a short while it stopped charging again... And when I was sitting in traffic for a while it startet to charge normally, but only on idle, as soon as I revved charge dropped...

Something is playing around, is it really alternator that needs to be changed? Maybe ir the battery, or something else?

Belts are brand new, less than 500miles on them, and all are tighened to spec ;)

One thing I haven't had a chance to check if gauge is misreading, because when I pulled to my garage charging was perfect 14.28V (gauge+multimeter)

But today I will check the gauge if possible, thanks ;)

But if the red battery icon lights un in dash, doesn't that means that it's not charging, or that could also be some sort of sensor fault?

And no extra lights are on, but haven't checked codes because I don't have proper cable and laptop to do it...

Today had a chat with a friend and he said that it might be a faulty "diode bridge".. I don't know how it's pronounced in english but that's a straight translation :D