LP640 vs Gallardo vs 997 Turbo vs GT3 vs Scooby vs Exige S

Kev946

Sarnie will like this one, right up to the last lap. Don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say the Lambo reliability becomes a factor... :lol:

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/11-03 ... xige-S.htm

BTW a bit of a power circuit from the loo of the long straights. I would love to see the same race on a short track, aka Top Gear. :thumbs:

Was that an engine in the exige or a hairdryer?? :lol:

Sarnie will like this one, right up to the last lap. Don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say the Lambo reliability becomes a factor... :lol:

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/11-03 ... xige-S.htm

BTW a bit of a power circuit from the look of the long straights. I would love to see the same race on a short track, aka Top Gear. :thumbs:

Was that an engine in the exige or a hairdryer?? :lol:

Small but peautifully formed.... ;):p

Moral of the story Sarnie is Lambo's are quick.......for about 3 laps.... :lol:

Apparently both the Lambo's broke down, the LP640 was the clutch not sure on the Gallardo. I bet the LP640 clutch cost about the same as a new engine in the Exige.. :lol::p

The LP640 is mighty fast on the straights. Why did they use a convertable Gallardo?? Why not the hard top?

The impreza and exige just didnt have the power on the straights but they put in a good showing!

I'd have thought the GT3 would have passed the Turbo.. just didnt seem to have the grunt on the straights.

Wonder how the new Skyline would do up against them.....

The LP640 is mighty fast on the straights. Why did they use a convertable Gallardo?? Why not the hard top?

The impreza and exige just didnt have the power on the straights but they put in a good showing!

I'd have thought the GT3 would have passed the Turbo.. just didnt seem to have the grunt on the straights.

Wonder how the new Skyline would do up against them.....

This is a power circuit, aka Silverstone so suits big power high top speed cars. The Exige neeeded more bends.

Also a strange mix of cars to test. Apparently it's a Jap Car Mag and owners volunteer their car, (poor Lambo owners - sorry sir it broke).

it's just a shame that the exige sounds like it's got a trumpet with a mute cone in the back

Needs a Stage 2 or 2ublar/Larini Exhaust. S/C sounds great int he car though... :thumbs:

your next mod then Kev :teeth:

Don't think so. The car I test drove had a 2ubular and it sounded like a race car and I mean rediculously loud. The engine is so close in the Exige that any performance exhaust is going to sound loud. I'm sticking with the standard exhaust for now. At least you get the S/C whine which is quite addictive.

First mod is Schroth Harnesses which are on order... :thumbs:

Also looking for a soft top conversion for next summer.. B)

it's just a shame that the exige sounds like it's got a trumpet with a mute cone in the back

Needs a Stage 2 or 2ublar/Larini Exhaust. S/C sounds great int he car though... :thumbs:

Don't think so. The car I test drove had a 2ubular and it sounded like a race car and I mean rediculously loud. The engine is so close in the Exige that any performance exhaust is going to sound loud. I'm sticking with the standard exhaust for now. At least you get the S/C whine which is quite addictive.

Why didn't you get an Elise then Kev??? :wacko::headhurt:

I prefer the Exige, both the looks and the specification, especially with the S/C, . Yea I know Lotus are making a S/C elise but with no intercooler. I will mainly use the Exige as a hard top in anycase but I would like the option for couple of weeks a year in the summer to go topless....wahey. Plus it also keeps the missus happy. A secondhand Elise soft top from eBay is the way to go. :thumbs:

I prefer the Exige, both the looks and the specification, especially with the S/C, . Yea I know Lotus are making a S/C elise but with no intercooler. I will mainly use the Exige as a hard top in anycase but I would like the option for couple of weeks a year in the summer to go topless....wahey. Plus it also keeps the missus happy. A secondhand Elise soft top from eBay is the way to go. :thumbs:

And you could've just bought the hardtop for the Elise! :doh: Surely having someone chop the roof off your Exige is going to be pricey! :headhurt:

I know what you mean about looks etc, but by the time the roof has been chopped off it will look the same as an Elise with a hardtop! :p

And you could've just bought the hardtop for the Elise! :doh: Surely having someone chop the roof off your Exige is going to be pricey! :headhurt:

I know what you mean about looks etc, but by the time the roof has been chopped off it will look the same as an Elise with a hardtop! :p

It bolts on same as an Elise. The owners manual says they can be driven with the roof off and you can buy the soft top conversion as a Lotus option. Many Exige owners do it. Nothing new.

There you go.

25qdqja.jpg

ExigeSoftTop-vi.jpg

yellowexige2.jpg

:thumbs:

You won't want to drive with the roof on once you've tried it Kev. ;)

Why not?

IMO driving the Elise with the roof off completely changes the experience. Have you driven open top cars before? :)

It is just.....different. I can't putmy finger on it, but it just feels like you're getting so much more from the car. Maybe it's another assault on the senses, but I really enjoy it. :thumbs:

You won't want to drive with the roof on once you've tried it Kev. ;)

Why not?

IMO driving the Elise with the roof off completely changes the experience. Have you driven open top cars before? :)

It is just.....different. I can't putmy finger on it, but it just feels like you're getting so much more from the car. Maybe it's another assault on the senses, but I really enjoy it. :thumbs:

I've had a few cabrio's to date. For me I like the top off for a leisurely drive in the country occasionally.

This is mine below which since buying the Exige I'm gonna sell. I've had it 3 years and it's a beaut. Only 47k miles. In case you didn't know an early elise / MR2 really. Mid engine 1500cc rear drive. All came with a targa roof which fits in the front boot. I love it, so you can see why I went for an Exige... :thumbs:

x19.jpg

There is something that gets the adrenaline going a bit more in the Elise. Makes everything noisier and gives a feeling of wanting to get from A to B as quickly as the little go kart will get you there. The opposite of a country wallow! ;):teeth: