hydraulic press recomendation

evilscorp

After reading through keysers epic build thread again, I am looking for a standing hydraulic press so I can pop out the old bushes. Seen a cheap one on Amazon for £95 and some dies etc for an extra £30.

Was tempted to burn out the big subframe bushes but will do it the hard keyser way of cut and thump.

Anyway if anyone has Any cheap or recommend presses that would be cool.

Good on ya :)

This is basically the one I have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-12-ton-Hydraulic-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Shop-Press-/371303571610?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56736ae09a

but they have about the same here for less

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Ton-Industrial-Hydraulic-Workshop-Garage-Shop-Press-/120737628034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c1c85ff82

free delivery as well - I used sockets as dies - luckily I have a 3/4" drive socket set from the days on the farm and it covered everything except the rear subframe - which would be hard to get in a press anyway.

Some of the front hub carrier bushes are a challenge as the frame they sit in is not dead square but we managed :)

• Like 2

Unfortunately I dont have a home sand blaster so will have to find a local engineering shop to do some things for me :notworthy::rolleyes:

The ones you posted are the same as the amazon one but a couple quid cheaper! shame I have to wait to find out if I have to pay postage as I am right on a green boarder where they might charge :dry:

Edited by evilscorp

I just bought a lot of sh'#t and its easter holidays.... doh, no chance hiding a 12 ton press, chainsaw/hedge trimer, bearing presses and some cool drill saw bit things that should make the whole bush issue go past in a breeze. If not I can go texas chainsaw in the local area. :sly:

• Like 1