Clicking noise, greasing Axel spines didn't work

m1ke13

I after any recommendations of what to try next.

I've had my diff mounts changed to pollybushes and now I'm getting a ticking noise when slowing down to stop, you can only hear it at slow speeds and not when accelerating. It sounds like someone is holding a playing card in spokes and is rotational with the wheels.

I've tried the axle greasing solution (great write up by the way) and its still the same. I've also looked at the break pads and they seem as normal.

Any ideas what to try next?

Mike

Edited by m1ke13

You sure you have the spring plates behind the pads as they have been known to be left out? Also make sure the backs of the pads have been copper greased - on my first 350 it was that absence that caused clicking as you described.

Oh, and you mean axle, BTW. ;)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've got the springs in, I will have a look at copper greasing the back of the pads but it seems strange its only just started after having the diff mounts changed?

And I've edited the post to correct (autocorrect on this tablet), thanks :)

This might not be a popular view, but when my clicky axles were solved I got the feeling it wasnt't the splines themselves it was the greasing in the final photo of post #1 in this guide

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/428639-clicking-noise-from-rear-axle.html

IMG_0867Medium.jpg

When you greased, did you grease here heavily?

Edited by SuperStu