Anyone imported a late 2005 (facelift) model

n19erc

Hi, my first post on here so here goes.

I am just in the process of importing a 2005 model car from Japan and didn't realise until I've just got the photo's from the agent that its a facelift model. I spoke to an SVA prep company a couple of weeks ago and they said that they were preparing a late 2005 model and were finding differences on the model report and may have difficulty getting it passed.

So my question is has anyone else managed to import a newer model 350Z into the UK and if so who did they use or how did they do it ?

I'm also keeping a diary of the experience if anyones interested at www.nigelchristie.co.uk , just in case the agent screws up so I've got some evidence !

hi and welcome. Can't help you I'm afraid. I know there has to be a model report before a car can be passed but I don't understand the reasons etc. Are you going through the SVA process yourself or is someone doing it for you? Why can't the person importing the car answer the query?

Thanks nixy. I'm importing the car with the help of an agent but they don't provide the full service, so its upto me how I get it through SVA. Aparently the model reports that are available only cover Euro III emission models manufactured upto the end of 2005. I know that mine was manufactured in 2005 so I'm covered but because its a facelift model there are distinct changes on some of the components that the model report covers. I wouldn't have been bothered other than Charlesworth SVA who do this sort of thing everyday said they had a problem with another vehicle they are currently putting through SVA.

If nothing else there is a word of warning here for anyone importing a car built after 2005 as there may not be a model report available to cover that vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that as well and have queried this with Autoadvan - they have assured me that thats all I will have to pay !

I've seen similar queries regarding the way Autoadvan deal with the build up of the various fees on other forums, but everyone seems to come back saying that they only ended up paying the amount they were advised for Vat and customs.

I'll just have to wait & see - at least the car is now on a ship heading for Southhampton (due to arrive 31/12/07)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

i just imported a 2006 model with autoadvan and would recommend them,

they can be trusted and there are no hidden fees, give sva ltd a call down in southampton i believe they have a model report for the 2005/06 coming out this month. :thumbs:

I would do a search on SVA Ltd 1st ;)

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up note to say my car has now been cleared through customs at Southampton, although I haven't seen it yet as its at SVA UK getting SVA'd, etc. Autoadvans estimate of the final payment of £1800 was only £6 under what I've ended up paying (£418 import duty, £822 VAT, with remainder making up freight costs).

Can't wait now to go and collect it in a couple of weeks time !

My 2006 Nismo spec passed its SVA test at the end of December after months of delays caused by model report issues. I don't think you'll have any problems getting your car through SVA compliance. I get my cars done at SVA in Southampton - the staff there never smile but they do get the job done.