Possible Y pipe rattle? fitted decats

gazzard27

Hi guys,

Any input appreciated and as the title says I fitted my decats n noticed a slight rip in the flexi joint and my exhaust keeps making a tsstsssttt noise when i lift off?

Anyone had this before, it sounds like a babys rattle.

the rip is probably where its been scrapped on bumps underneath and depending how bad would probably need changing soon, the tsstsssttt noise or 'rasp' is common of decats. i suspect you have unsilenced ones (like me) some people dont like it but I do, if your one of those people who doesn't you can get silenced decats which take away the rasp sound

Edited by jumping350

when I had a standard Y-pipe on purchasing the zed, mine also had a hole in the flexi, made a god awful sound similar to what you've explained. I imagine it's the flexi rattling against itself. I bought a new system and the new flexi still rattles a little @ around 2rpm but that's a common trait apparently on after market systems as there is less support on the Y-pipe compared to the standard (without a gaping hole)

Hole in the flexis, so you need a new Y-Pipe. Had this same issue after fitting my decats. Saying that, I still get a small hiss after replacing my Y-Pipe, I have a new one with flexis though

Edited by pjf1985