My 1st 4 weeks of ownership - 07 model

KS2006

Hi All,

Following on from the other posting I thought I'd give my views on my 07 roadster that I have now owned for 4 weeks (tommorow).

I haven't had a real wheel drive car (for 18 years) and definately not one with big wheels & massive power - I'm being careful on the twisty bits.

Sure there is a bit of shake through the cabin/steering wheel on rubbish roads but nothing that would suggest to me - oh no made of cheese car!

I've noticed the car tramlines a fair bit and deffo follows camber big time. I guess this is down to the wheel/tyre combo (the car has Bridgestone RE050A's on - not sure what I will change to when the time comes).

Looks - top down I think looks awesome. Top up - not as bad as I thought - well she has a big bottom and a hump at the front- (the black eyed peas - my humps song always springs to mind - perhaps I should name my car fergie ;)

Engine - :yahoo: God I love the noise. Changing down to 2nd gear whenever in a nice built up area to hear the exhaust noise - I'm such a child.

Tis a bit thirsty - I'm getting 17mpg now on my commute. Still if I wanted economy I'd buy a smart car.

Did I mention engine :lol:

Brakes - Superb.

It's a bit rattly but nothing that I can't live with. I don't think the build quality is at all bad.

Stereo - cracking - my dirty cd's skip so it's a bit fussy.

Seats - great so far not done a really long journey yet. Heaters seem a bit slow or perhaps I have an asbestos bottom.

Lights - I love the Xenons and I love the way it looks with the led's etc. Very cool.

Climate. Excellent. Gets warm v.quickly and when you need to cool down works brilliantly. I have noticed the engine seems to hold a hell of a lot of heat after a run (even a short one).

** Things that annoy **

Instruments

I know they put the rev counter in the middle on purpose (but hey I do tend to realise when I'm doing 7000rpm) but I wish the speedo was on the left. It seems crap on the right hand side and I don't think its very readable/usable.

I use the digital speedo pretty much all of the time which brings me to another thing that bugs me. Why no dedicated clock. If I have the speedo on I have no clock!!

Drivers side window one shot but no passenger!! This is annoying in the roadster as it drops the windows putting the roof up/down. So you finish being a flash git then have to hold the button for the passenger window. Just seems odd.

Handbrake. My god it is crap. It's like hold the car on the brake then engage handbrake and then wait for the car to move back a couple of inches - wtf!!

Overall though got to say I'm really loving the car and it puts a smile on my face when I drive it and thats what its all about :thumbs:

Any chance I get I drop the top stick the heater on and just enjoy the day. You don't need to be ringing it's neck to have fun.

I'll put the pics up this week - it was clean then :) Why of why did I pick a black car it's dirty as owt now :O

As you may guess I'm super pleased with her and until a new model launches (a proper new one) I can't see my wanting to swap for anything else.

Why no dedicated clock. If I have the speedo on I have no clock!!

If you press and fold the button on the left hand side of the binacle for 1.5 seconds the clock will display for a short while and then revert back to what you had displayed (ie digital speedo)

If you press and fold the button on the left hand side of the binacle for 1.5 seconds the clock will display for a short while and then revert back to what you had displayed (ie digital speedo)

Didn't someone get the clock on the Bose or am i imagining that? :)

Didn't someone get the clock on the Bose or am i imagining that? :)

never seen a clock on the bose

Unusual for someone to love the BOSE. Glad you're enjoying it. :thumbs:

I liked it too. Infact i miss the bass big time. The lambo speakers are rubbish!! Although saying that the zorst drowns out most other noises :lol:

Seriously Sarnie, the bass is pretty awful. It has no music qualities at all. I know how you could miss the boom, but it ruins a lot of music. Especially vocals. :)

When mine is done, get your favourite CD's and you'll hear the difference. ;)

Besides, in a Lambo, surely you can afford a monster install! Last one I saw in a G was Mackintosh gear all through. B):thumbs:

Unusual for someone to love the BOSE. Glad you're enjoying it. :thumbs:

I liked it too. Infact i miss the bass big time. The lambo speakers are rubbish!! Although saying that the zorst drowns out most other noises :lol:

Seriously Sarnie, the bass is pretty awful. It has no music qualities at all. I know how you could miss the boom, but it ruins a lot of music. Especially vocals. :)

When mine is done, get your favourite CD's and you'll hear the difference. ;)

Besides, in a Lambo, surely you can afford a monster install! Last one I saw in a G was Mackintosh gear all through. B):thumbs:

I appreciate what your saying but I'm no ICE expert so it was good enough to me. :D