My 350z GT

alexwitham

Its looking good so far mate, your making lots of changes to the car pretty fast, puts me to shame I really should get my finger out and get on with the planned mods. I do much prefer it with the darker wheels and the car looks as good in the flesh as it does in pictures after seeing it on Sunday.

The video of the lap looks real hairy and a nasty tumble at the end, lucky to not he done more damage to yourself.

Cheers Tim, good to meet you and Gumpy (James...?), be good to make it a regular thing.

The crash in Spain was my first accident on track, bloody typical that I'd just spent £700 on new boots and a race suit which have some pretty heroicic scars now! But, at least they done their job as I didn't have a scratch on me, just ligament damage from twisting my knee.

It certainly looked nasty so I guess its better that the leathers and boots took the brunt of the damage, at least you can replace those. I fell off a set of ladders last November and got ligament damage, healed itself after a couple of months. Worst thing was I had to stop running otherwise it was just annoying more than anything else.

I certainly hope the seafront meet will take off as its probably the only meet I will be able to attend until October/November unless there are any more evening ones nearby.

Edited by TimC

FedEx came at 8:30am and dropped of this INSANELY HEAVY package. Thanks to Ewen at Clarke Motorsport for great communication and the next day delivery, not forgetting the jelly snakes :teeth:

image_15.jpg

Mid-way through fitting, it took about 3 hours as some of the bolts were being a little stubborn.

image_16.jpg

I've followed the bed-in procedure and they are feeling great.

• Like 1

Sidelights are a PITA to do fyi Alex. :thumbdown:

Best way I found was, for example when doing the drivers side headlight:

Turn the steering wheel/front wheels all the way to the left, remove wheel arch retaining screw and bolts from lower part, pull the wheel arch backwards (preferably with someone else helping to hold it back), then you should be able to see the back of the sidelight bulb position & it's wiring. Twist out fitting and remove the old bulb from the holder.

Replace with new LED bulb, then check polarity is correct & it works before doing reverse to refit everything back together.

Passenger side is the same process but just with the steering wheel/front wheels all the way to the right. :thumbs:

Although the car isn't due a service, I thought a full oil change wouldn't go a miss. So, 5/30 Motul engine oil with Nissan OE filter and Nissan Diff and Box oils paired with molyslip are going in next week. Cheers Clark motorsport for first class service and next day delivery yet again

image_17.jpg

And then this happened...

image_18.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its been 3 weeks since my last update, in that time I treated the 350 to new gearbox/diff and engine oils ready for a day at Snetterton on 4th April.

Z's are decent on track :teeth:

image_19.jpg

This beast was unreal

image_21.jpg

I painted the centre caps to blend into the wheel colour today, the silver was standing out too much:

image_23.jpg

And then this happened:

image_20.jpg

It's an '03 Audi A3 Quattro 1.8Turbo 180bhp. My friend was moving to Norway and needed a quick cash sale, damn my impulsive nature.

• Like 1

There were some seriously quick cars on track, the Metro pictured on page 2 was just insane!

It's always more fun when there is a good mix of cars on track I find.

Going to Castle Combe next weekend for their "Performance Car Action" day so hopefully they'll be some interesting cars on track at that. B)

• 3 weeks later...

So today I stripped back the brakes I installed 1000 miles ago to check on wear and also apply some more copper ease as I was experiencing infrequent squeaking. All put back together and a long drive later - no noise. Result.

Afterwards I seized the chance to detail the car in the 18 degree sunshine. I'm totally sold by the Meguiars Ultimate range, relatively lost cost/effort with some excellent results.

image_33.jpg

image_34.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bought a 4 stage Britemax polish set, medium/light/prep/blackmax - I have to say it's given me some really nice results.

IMG_1998.jpg

This stuff is also really good.

IMG_1997.jpg

Also fitted some 20mm/25mm spacers and a popcharger

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg