Places to stay in Manchester

sl114

Hey all, i thought i would ask on here as you are a worldly group.

Does anyone know of any nice hotels or places to stay in Manchester? Sarah and me are going up for the weekend to do some shopping and will be stopping over.

Thanks all :thumbs:

Radisson (not the one at the airport unless you want a big trek into town), The Lowry hotel, Midland.

They're all really decent and should appeal to you mate. If you're looking for something less pricey I can make plenty more suggestions.

Hey all, i thought i would ask on here as you are a worldly group.

Does anyone know of any nice hotels or places to stay in Manchester? Sarah and me are going up for the weekend to do some shopping and will be stopping over.

Thanks all :thumbs:

Anywhere on Canal Street will be right up your alley Louis :teeth:

Or there is the new Hilton with fantastic views over manchester. If you want cheaper but still good and clean try IBIS 01612340600

Cheers guys,

Mike/Jay - :dry:

We are looking to stay near the centre as we will go to the Trafford Centre, but Sunday we would like to be in the middle of it all.

I dont want to spend too much to be honest as its christmas coming up etc...however nothing too cheap either

For the ones I mentioned you'd be looking about 250-300 a night standard rate iirc. There are cheaper deals to be had (for these hotels) through websites, just had a quick check on laterooms and much cheaper there.

What is increasingly common is serviced apartments - which may be cheaper. And I'm on about real quality apartments mate, not trash. Noticed some on laterooms in Beetham tower (the highest residential building in the country) that Mike mentioned - first 23 floors are Hilton hotel, next 26 floors are flats!

Or there is The Edge (which is literally next door to the Lowry), lovely spot that mate, river right in front of the building, nice big bridge taking you over onto Deansgate (right in the centre). Fantastic neighbours (in building other side of the hotel), well one in particular anyway :lol:

There's obviously plenty of other choices there too.

If you do fancy an apartment let me know, I've got a very good contact for you.

I would say the IBIS then. Sorry the number I gave you must of changed

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehote ... otel.shtml

Trafford Centre is just like any other shopping centre. It will be heaving and wouldn't bother going there anyway.

You get all the same shops in the city centre anyway plus many more and a lot more niche ones too.

ive heard the ANDY C hotel is a good cheap place to stay...!!! ;)

Ha ha you're right fella it is, but I suspect Louis would want a place with, how should i say it, slightly thicker walls :lol:

and a bed that dosnt squeak............!!! :lol: