north meets south

stuey

wouldnt it be fab if we could arrange for the norhtern zedders to meet up wiv the southern zedders.......

we got people from london and on the south coast also members in scotland........ perhaps we can all meet halfway somewhere sometime......... B)

any thoughts on this fellas...............

and ladies of course........... :thumbs:

Doesn't that make somewhere like Nottingham broadly a pain in the basckside for everyone to get to so the most likely place?? :)

Why not try and get a stand at Donny show next year for all to meet at, then we could make a weekend of it for those that want to, or if not it gives people two days to aim for to get there?

Sounds like a plan, but it would be good if where not actually sat around for the whole day and we actually get to drive the cars. Something like the Wales run i guess but in a different location.

Could be pretty difficult to manage many more than the Wales run in a convoy?

Sounds like a plan, but it would be good if where not actually sat around for the whole day and we actually get to drive the cars. Something like the Wales run i guess but in a different location.

Any large groups of cars would be split into smaller convoys with staggered times. For example 30 zeds would be split into 3 lots of 10. Yesterday we had 11 and that was great. :thumbs:

Any large groups of cars would be split into smaller convoys with staggered times. For example 30 zeds would be split into 3 lots of 10. Yesterday we had 11 and that was great. :thumbs:

Agreed. I was more thinking that if we need to allow people from the far north and south then a static meet would give a much bigger window of opportunity. Am happy to go with the consensus, but given Wales isn't too far off centre and there were 11 attendees...... Just a thought. :)

We had a brief chat about this yesterday, really would be a great one to get a joint meet together.

I'm totally flexible with location, I aint fussy.

Ideally if we could get some driving in I would prefer that, especially off the back of yesterday!, but that said I can see the benefits of a static. The only downside, I think, with a static show is that if some people want to get off early it can sometimes be difficult.

The only way you are going to keep a big convoy in single file is by driving in the country side, not to many junctions and traffic lights to splt people up.

Just after christmas i'm thinking of doing a few drive outs through north Wales (Stuey,,Matt and anybody from around these parts are quite welcome to tag along :thumbs:) to see if i/we can come up with a decent route that involves the least number of junctions/traffic lights and the best roads for the z.

I think it depends on what we want it to be.

If it is a drive out, then that is likely to be based on geography as to whether people can make it. I agree that static meets aren't as much fun as the driving ones.

The thread is for the north to meet the south. That means some people driving 250 - 300 miles just to meet up. They may want to drive for another few hours, maybe not. I think one big annual meet, to show the club, cars and members would be good. :)

Just after christmas i'm thinking of doing a few drive outs through north Wales (Stuey,,Matt and anybody from around these parts are quite welcome to tag along :thumbs:) to see if i/we can come up with a decent route that involves the least number of junctions/traffic lights and the best roads for the z.

Shout me up at the time mate :thumbs:

If it is a drive out, then that is likely to be based on geography as to whether people can make it. I agree that static meets aren't as much fun as the driving ones.

The thread is for the north to meet the south. That means some people driving 250 - 300 miles just to meet up. They may want to drive for another few hours, maybe not. I think one big annual meet, to show the club, cars and members would be good. :)

Good point H5.

For the members that have had a big trek for the Wales drives then usually they have stayed the night before at least to break it up. That could be an option obviously.

You're right, it does depend on what we want it to be - poll????

Good point H5.

For the members that have had a big trek for the Wales drives then usually they have stayed the night before at least to break it up. That could be an option obviously.

Then lets keep the Wales drive outs for all the good reasons everyone enjoys them. I don't think this is meant to replace anything that is already done.

Why not add a big collective at a static show and build up a reputation for the club? :thumbs:

Shout me up at the time mate :thumbs:

+1 i can take my car this time lol :teeth:

Good point H5.

Then lets keep the Wales drive outs for all the good reasons everyone enjoys them. I don't think this is meant to replace anything that is already done.

Why not add a big collective at a static show and build up a reputation for the club? :thumbs:

+1 The Wales drive out is great but with a bigger event it would make the longer drive more worthwhile. The idea of Donny appealed to me, or something similar. This would always encourage people to attend the other meets

No quite right mate, I wasn't suggesting otherwise - just saying that it wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be a monster day of driving for people all in 1 day. ASSUMING that a driving day was decided on.

I'd be well more than happy for any type of joint meet, especially if we get some decent numbers for it :teeth: