Blasted boot lid

chrisday1990

It's pretty common. Stick a couple of pennies or washers inside the boot poppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^. ;)

Penny trick guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/35706-the-penny-trick/

Also I found with mine that it really helped by removing the useless boot weight too. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/65248-how-to-weight-reduction-fix-boot-pop-up/

Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Rubber washers, doesn't damage the paintwork then

Yep that's a good call. B)

I actually used Nylon washers when fixing mine as I was saving for my supercharger build at the time so was too tight to use pennies. :lol:

nylonwashers2.2mmidto8.5mmid_4f7ae2ed9f085_lg.jpg

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

They're inside the boot popper so I don't see why pennies would damage the paintwork. Maybe I'm missing something tho

From what I've heard there have been "some" instances of the pennies wearing through the rubber slightly (possibly people adding too many) resulting with minor damage to the paintwork where it sits.

Either way lot's of people have done the penny trick successfully by using pennies, nylon washers, rubber washers etc so it's up to the individual to decide what they want to put into the boot popper to get the same result, ...a one button press boot opening. B);)

Edit: spelling. :blush:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

They're inside the boot popper so I don't see why pennies would damage the paintwork. Maybe I'm missing something tho

From what I've heard there have been "some" instances of the pennies wearing through the rubber slightly (possibly people adding too many) resulting with minor damage to the paintwork where it sits.

Either way lot's of people have done the penny trick successfully by using pennies, nylon washers, rubber washers etc so it's up to the individual to decide what they want to put into the boot popper to get the same result, ...a one button press boot opening. B);)

Edit: spelling. :blush:

I've got 5 rubber washers in each of my poppers but with the weight of my nismo v2 wing it still fails to pop with one press! :help: