Cobra cat back - is a remap required?

bash370z

This is my first post, I'm collecting my new Z this Saturday :-)

I know the stock exhaust is rather tame so I am looking at the full Cobra cat-back system, it states on the Cobra website a remap is recommended. Has anyone with this system had any problems with the EML lights after installing? Is a remap really necessary?

Welcome.

Since you're new... you should always do a search as this kind of question is asked a fair amount.

Essentially, no it doesn't unless you are adding a bunch of other things as well (decat, plenum spacer etc), sure, then go for it.

Thanks guys, I don't intend on doing any other mods so I will be fine. Actually just read on the Cobra site that their system is just from the cats, now I know the actual meaning of cat back... I don't know too much about techy car talk :-)

We've supplied and fitted the Cobra to a few 370zs who haven't had a remap but they just wanted to unleash the V6, let us know if we can help with the system... :)

Do you keep the full Cobra cat back system with the 5" slash cut tips (TP18) in stock? Are you open Saturdays?