Exhaust rattle / rumble on cold start

Any one got any ideas what this might be?

I'm fairly new to zed ownership. Since I've had it there's been a really annoying rattle as soon as I start the engine cold. But after a few minutes its gone completely and the warm exhaust sound is back.

It's really embarrassing setting off on cold start. I'm thinking heat shield? Loose baffle? I have no idea though. Just wanted to see if anyone had encountered this before and if it was a common problem / easy fix before I take it in and get it on the ramps.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Depending on what exhaust you've got the rattle could be the sleeve inside of the tips at the rear. I had this with my old japspeed, rattle from cold but once warmed up expanded and stopped rattling. I just put a self tapper screw in to stop it or it could be spot welded if it is that.

Edited by SHEZZA

Thanks for your reply shezza. It's just stock exhaust system of that changes anything? Probably should've put that in the original post... My bad

Having a similar issue with my Fujitsubo back box - Think mines a loose baffle so we are going to see if we can put a small kink in it when the HFC's get fitted in a few weeks - apart from that the exhaust is in perfect nick

I had the same sound that appeared to come from around the Y pipe and was partly the reason I riped the entire exhaust system out as it was rusted to hell on a 2007 with only 40,000... I was quite disappointed with the build quality on that front as I have Seen 2003 m3s with spotless OEM exhausts. One part to check is the back box joint/flange to the straight pipe as the weld can come away.