Wax Removal - Help

KS2006

Hi All,

I decided to wash and wax my new car about a week ago. Got a nice box of bits and proceeded to make her shine.

Never used a proper wax before but got stuck in using my foam pads. (Collonite 916 I think).

A day or so later I've noticed the edge of the hood, front numberplate surround and a couple of other areas have a white waxy deposit.

Its annoying as it looks super naff on the edge of the hood (rear end of the car where the glass screen is). I've tried hot soapy water, toothpaste + electric toothbrush, wax erase gunk and still can't get rid of it.

I'm worried now I've damaged the hood in some way as it doesn't seem to want to disspeart.

Rest of the car looks great though :blush:

Any ideas?

Also, assuming we are talking hood as in Roadster and not the US hood ;) I have found that after finishing polishing with the hood down its worth part opening the tardis and cleaning off the lip. You will always get polish in the crack and when you put the roof up again the residue gets on the lower back bit. Yes its a bitch to get off. :headhurt:

Have you got any pics? It could be 'hologram' in the paint, which may need cutting back. It could need some sort of wax removal. Chemical Guys do a range, you could start with using a strong mix of their Citrus Wash and Gloss which is a good first step to remove build up of wax. I would avoid using WD40 personally as once it gets into the paint it would make any repair work in the future tougher than necessary. :)

It could be 'hologram' in the paint ?

weird, it sounded to me as though he had wax on the soft top

for plastics (eg number plate surround) use smooth peanut butter this will breakdown and disperse the wax, allowing it to be cleaned away with a cloth.

It could be 'hologram' in the paint ?

weird, it sounded to me as though he had wax on the soft top

for plastics (eg number plate surround) use smooth peanut butter this will breakdown and disperse the wax, allowing it to be cleaned away with a cloth.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... t=hologram

Here you go bud, explains the concept and there are many other threads discussing similar. :)

I prefer to use Marmite for that particular application! :p:teeth: