Speaker upgrade help.

Tomb

Hi

I've just finished installing my new pioneer app radio 3 and so far so good, the system soundS much better and the headunit itself I'm very impressed with.

Now I'm looking to upgrade to component speakers in the front and also replace the rear speakers (the drivers side one is currently not working).

My question to you guys is when upgrading these speakers will I need to amplify them with an external amp? I'm just looking for clear quality sounding audio and not a system that can be cranked readiclously loud.

Also any recommendations on speakers to go with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Tomb

Get a quality 4 channel amp. You might want to upgrade/replace the wiring loom the same time. I just removed my old bose amp from the boot, taped up the old loom and ran new cables. It all depends on the sound and the power output you want to achieve. Keep us posted. :)

I would get a decent 4 ch amp with built in cross overs. If your head unit has a bass out channel then you could use two rear amp channels for the back, bridge the two front for the bass drivers and use the head unit just to drive the two front.

You can then adjust the amp for the fading between front and rear and set a great sound. If you go for components, you must use a cross over to split the bass signal from the high end signal for the tweeters.

Keep us posted.

I would get a decent 4 ch amp with built in cross overs. If your head unit has a bass out channel then you could use two rear amp channels for the back, bridge the two front for the bass drivers and use the head unit just to drive the two front.

You can then adjust the amp for the fading between front and rear and set a great sound. If you go for components, you must use a cross over to split the bass signal from the high end signal for the tweeters.

Keep us posted.

Or get a 5-channel amp

0189EB92-6C4A-40B7-A9F2-1EB5451B6E46-27173-000007E743E222D1_zps6eb52b8d.jpg

It's all great fun getting it in :lol:

7FF2A1B0-C2DE-4897-B4C6-FBF339BD7A24-32027-000009EFAEF808F9_zps4c7215f4.jpg

7929BED2-9D70-4403-82DE-E578BCCFDC78-27173-000007E72066A0BB_zps658ab5fe.jpg

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 2

Jees. Headunit was enough of a ball ache.

I guess il just do the amp and run new speaker wires aswell as the components and rear speakers ..

I will however need to do a bit of reading first into car audio .. Any good sites? Or YouTube channels to learn the basics and get me pointed in the right direction? I tend to pick these sorts of thing up with ease once I've seen it or read about it.