Roadster Hood Problem

galgazza

Hi All,

Need some help on the hood on my roadster.

Picked up friend this morning who is a big guy. tried put the hood down and I think it struggled with him in the seat. The windows now opn and then nothing else though a warning light shows hood open.

Absolutely gutted as the Z is new to me

I am in St Neots so wondered if anyone knew what to do or where to take it.

Yes...cold conditions can affect it and isn't supposed to be used under 5c.

Am assuming foot on brake all the time and safety catch fully released?

Hopefully if it warms up and you try it a few times it will be ok.

• Like 1

Sounds like there might be an issue with a switch or sensor but it is possible for them to work one day but not another! If you get anyone to look at it you are much better to find an independent with experience of the roof issues. Dealers don't have a great track record with them. I don't know your area but maybe someone else knows someone near?

• Like 1

Disconnect the battery (both terminals) then reconnect making sure that the battery is fully charged. (This will clear any warning issues. Also if the battery is not fully charged this can cause an issue).

Hopefully this will get you sorted out. If the problem persists you will need it investigating.

Also, the passenger seat tips forward when opening and closing. Make sure that you keep the passenger seat clear when performing the procedure or get your passenger to bend forward whilst you are doing this. This could be the reason for the problem in the first place.

• Like 2

Thanks, I hope that works... I have a guy coming over on Wednesday from Venture performance Ltd in Royston to give the car a once over and look at the hood.. I will in future only open and shut the top when the passenger seat is empty. I am sure that was the problem..

Oh well learn something new everyday.