Panel filter problems

radjordan

Just fitted a hks super hybrid panel filter then went for a little road test gave it some action going onto the motorway and it kind of went into some sort of limp mode wouldn't rev very hight and was kangarooing some what. I got somewhere safe turned it off had a look at the filter it seemed fine started it again now it seems ok but didn't give it full beans as it was busy.

Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks

I doubt this had anything to do with the filter you fitted, ...probably more just the way you drove the car afterwards & unfortunate coincidence.

Did the EML come on? (small yellow engine light)

Could be anything really but if they EML came on at least you'd have a chance of reading an error code.

Yeah maybe right it seems fine now. No eml came on. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for you help guys.

Hopefully it will be ok but I'd check your oil and other fluid levels tomorrow just to be sure they're all good then just drive it as normal to see if it happens again.

Good luck & post back if you get any more problems. :thumbs:

Thank you I will. Fingers crossed. Iv only had the car a week.

Hope you're enjoying it, ...apart from the little hiccup of course. :blush:

This forums here to help so if you do get any problems try doing a search first, ...then if you can't find the answer just post up your problem & hopefully someone will be able to help. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had the same, fitted the filters a few weeks ago, and after a few trips no problem, started it on Friday to take for a spin, and it wouldn't rev at all, and the malfunction light came on. Started it a couple hours later, and it ran fine but light stayed on, took it for a good drive and light stayed on and car was fine.

I did the pedal dance to reset the ecu, and took it out Saturday no problem.

Started it Monday morning, and light came on but car acted fine,

I have swopped the filters back, and a couple trips with no problem, I obviously reset the ecu again, I will keep updated after I have done a few more trips.

If it happens again read the fault code, as I suspect that unless the panel filter was very sub standard and would not flow the required amount of air, the filter change was just coincidental,

I have a reader on the way, but if it is a coincidence, 2 of us have the same thing. The filters i have on mine are used, they came with an HKS Exhaust i brought from another member from the other nissan site!!

They look really clean, but one thing i did notice the fit is not a snug fit like the OEM ones, maybe thats whats causing the problem.

I took it for another drive last night and 'touch wood' all is still well, I cant feel any difference in performance, and it sounds the same so i will just leave it like this for now.

If after a couple of months i have no further problems i will try the HKS filters again, just to test if it was them. I have read allot online about these HKS letting through more stuff than most other filters, good for performance, not so good for sensors!!!

cheers Kev.