Headlights - Upgrades/Replacements/Options?

Jud1

I keep looking and looking and getting more and more confused with possible headlight purchasing .... I have an 03' import .. nearside headlight has had a crack and been repaired at some point (not very nice) the inside top part of the chrome is blemished and there appears to be cloudy marks on the "inside" of the clear lens (I've tried buffing,toothpaste etc etc) together with some paint (I guess, as it's red!) Overall ... its totally forked!!!!

The off side is better, and I could live with it (for now) - but I don't want to buy a light that doesn't match exactly what I have - or, end up buying one and then the rest of my life trying to find another to match it! (there seems to be differences in looks > years?)

I am aware I would need to chop the wiring about on a UK headlight to adjust to 6pin, that's OK - but, is this really my only option? ... I keep looking at new ones from the US, but aware the throw on them will be incorrect, also read that it's not possible to adjust them to throw correctly for UK use .... So, looking for suggestions ....? ... anyone ever bought OEM from Ebay et-al and got them through the MOT - and equally as important, are they any good!? - Any pointers gratefully received ... I'd like to get to start on mods - but I need to fix some basic stuff 1st ...

Have searched a bit but not really finding any definitive answers .... hence help request

Thanks in advance ...

J

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic! Right i'll get some then and hopefully when my MOT is up in May i'll sail thru too. Cheers Kingrob...awesome mods by the way :-)

Only thing you need to check is it is for vehicles with original Xenon they do one for Xenon and one for Non Xenon i think

• 2 weeks later...