Low speed rattling - front left

RobPhoboS

Hey guys I installed my new suspension yesterday, all parts are torqued as per the manual.

I thought it could be the top mount but it's tight and seems good, as well as the suspension piston rod nuts.

I don't have the cat exhaust shields, and tried without the strut tower bar.

For the last couple of weeks I had the rattling after installing new springs. It was far louder and i assumed that it was the broken front left top mount (2 nuts were broken, so not holding properly).

So it leads me to assume it's the compression arm again but they were changed on 20th April 2013.

Just seems odd that the noise has only just started when I've changed the suspension (with another top mount). It's a similar noise as before just not as loud.

I thought they would last a bit longer than that.

I'll try to get an audio clip up.

Edited by RobPhoboS

Right, I did the left foot on the brake whilst going over some cobbled surface. The noise stops when I did that.

Which points me to the compression arm.

However, now I have to figure out if it's the ball joint or the bushing, if it's the bushings no problemo as I have a couple of poly sets to try out (as it's currently the stock rubber one).

Edited by RobPhoboS