Its nice to be back in my Zed!!

veeg33

During my 3 weeks holiday, my zed has been left in work's parking as it was more secure compared to my apartment. Left it in a corner and lucky it was flat so I can get away with not engaging the handbrake.

Picked it yesterday, luckily it starts first time without any issue or what so ever :thumbs:

While I was on holiday (visiting my hometown, Malaysia), I’ve found out that my dad’s mate owns a locksmiths shop and lucky enough I’ve brought my zed’s key along with me. So I decided to get it cloned since my zed only comes with one key. Unfortunately he could not clone my key completely as he does not have the compatible key fob (not may zeds in Malaysia and they are all imported from Japan) however, he could just clone the key and the immobiliser which I could still start up my car and drive it, just that I will have the remove locking. Knowing it will cost me around £160 here in UK to get one cloned, I take a risk and get it cloned by him for £25. Yes, only £25. As I don’t have my car with me, he could not test the key so it’s a 1 off gamble and if it doesn’t work, I’ll need to wait another year to go back to Malaysia to get it reprogrammed.

Gamble paid off nicely!!! I can unlock my doors, the alarms goes off as I don’t have the remote locking on this new key. Insert the key and disabled the alarm, then the car starts fine and I can drive around without any issue. Best £25 spend!!

I must admit that I’ve missed my zed. During my holidays, I’ve been driving around my dad’s little runner, a 1tlr Perodua Myvi (https://www.google.c...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ)

Good in fuel economy, been driving around for 3 weeks and I’ve only filled up twice (£10 each full tank as petrol price in Malaysia is pretty low, RM1.91 per litre which is equivalent to £0.35 per litre) Took me few days to actually get used to the change and now I’m facing the same issue getting used to it.

I’ve only just driving my zed from home to work for now and I’m looking forward to a drive this weekend if weather permits. B)

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 2

Good old Zed starts first time after sitting in a corner for 3 weeks in freezing weather. :cold:

Bet she was glad to see you ha ha!

Enjoy your weekend :drive1

Thanks. I'm glad to see her and looking forward to the drive.....