Fitting heated leather seats...

Irvine

Hi, i recently fitted leather seats into my fairlady, all the electrics work fine, the seats forward etc, im having a issue getting the seats to heat up i bought all switches that was needed including the wiring for it to plug into near gear stick. Unfortantly the switches dont light up whem i try to turn them on, ive located fuse and its fine. Anyone had any similar issues? Help would be appreciated. Thanks

The light on the switch is just a tap off of the 12v supply and an earth - light being on or off does not always confirm correct operation of the seats.

So - first thing is you need to confirm 12v at the seat when the switch is on - I am not 100% sure of this but some cars will only run the seats if the engine is running due to the amount of power they draw.

I would however assume you are not getting a supply at the switch - get a voltmeter on there and start tracing back. It may be the loom is not complete further back due to them not being an original fit but you could easily run a new feed from the battery with it's own in line fuse.

So engine running switch on check the plug is providing 12v if yes look to the seat to find the fault if not the wiring is not quite right yet,

As a side note if both are switched on the seats heat one at a time that is the Drivers side will draw a current but the passenger side will not, then after a few mins they switch - This I would assume is again down to the amount of power they need.

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Keyser