Vortech Supercharger!!!

350zPaul

I have found a Vortech supercharger for sale, The pice is $4,999.99 which equates to £2,459.26. Is it possible to buy it anywhere cheaper in the Uk? and will it be ok to use the American supercharger on my Uk Zed?.

Does this sound about right to everyone?

Features;

Vortech Supercharger Kit with Intercooler for 2006 Nissan 350Z with High Rev Engine (8psi, satin)

This charge cooled system will increase horsepower and torque from 300/260 stock to 440/352 supercharged at 9 psig.

Vortech gear driven supercharger with SQ technology provides nearly silent operation and unmatched reliability

Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in Vortech’s supercharger test cell

Fuel management upgrade includes a high-flow fuel pump and fuel management unit for safe, reliable operation

Stand-alone ignition timing control computer for seamless acceleration

Integrated charge cooler configuration allows for additional horsepower gains

Oil feed and oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, even under sustained boost conditions

Discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps

High-flow, reusable air filter

Billet aluminum mounting bracketry

High-efficiency bypass valve provides surge-free compressor operation

Supercharger drive system includes all necessary belts and pulleys

Compatible with factory OBD II engine management systems and 3-year limited warranty

50-state smog legal under CARB EO# D-213-24

NOTE: (Please note this system has only been verified to fit manual transmissions)

Thanks, any help at all is appreciated

Paul x

You could also PM Tere, she gave me alot of advice on this aswell :thumbs:

she? wow, didnt realise she was a she, nice to see girls can be just as into Z's and superchargers as us guys. .

dude I didnt realise either but aspparently prescience learnt alot from her, she is Mr Miyagi in the Z world she also flys Super Jet planes, unbelievable :thumbs:

Also Adam knows alot in this area too as he gave limiter alot of advice :thumbs:

Guest prescience

she? wow, didnt realise she was a she, nice to see girls can be just as into Z's and superchargers as us guys. .

dude I didnt realise either but aspparently prescience learnt alot from her, she is Mr Miyagi in the Z world she also flys Super Jet planes, unbelievable :thumbs:

Also Adam knows alot in this area too as he gave limiter alot of advice :thumbs:

tere really knows her stuff, but I did accumulate what little knowledge I have off my own bat - by trawling through countless threads and posts from the States (containing about 95% crap and 5% useful stuff). There are no shortcuts in truth, but I will always advise where I can :)

tere really knows her stuff, but I did accumulate what little knowledge I have off my own bat - by trawling through countless threads and posts from the States (containing about 95% crap and 5% useful stuff). There are no shortcuts in truth, but I will always advise where I can :)

95% crap is about right lol and 'use the search function flameage, which is about as useful as a kick in the balls :lol: they can be such a friendly bunch over on my350z

Sounds like a good price.. but still u gotta pay all the taxes and shipping costs to get it over here (+25%)..then there's the fitting £1500 and re-map cost £400.. also what if it goes wrong, youll have to send it all the way back to US...

Better to find a group buy in UK to save some money that way.

Just as an incidental point of interest, one of my friends has a 350 that was purchased brand new and purpose built race car, his is supercharged. Now having covered about 20k, is having a few problems with the bearings inside the Stillen supercharger. They are still working on sorting it out, kind of interesting as he's left for a rally this week yesterday. Will keep you posted if it's of interest.

Bear in mind the car I'm talking about is a race car, it's driven very hard and very fast constantly.

One main thing, don't scrimp when doing FI, because it will only bite you in the bottom. Spend the dosh, for the reliability.

9 psi is pushing the limit on a stock engine. You'll definitely want to change the plenum. Unless you run very rich (lower hp), cylinders 5 & 6 will run too lean. At 9 psi, you'll want additional fuel (change fuel pumps or add a secondary pump). And of course a good engine management system. You can flash the ECM for your setup, but I recommend a good piggyback management system for fine tuning. Additionally, I recommend at least a wideband O2 sensor and gauge to keep tabs on your air/fuel ratio. At 9 psi on a stock engine, I wouldn't go leaner than 11:1 on the A/F ratio. SafeGuard may be a good idea -- retards timing if knock is detected on any cylinder.

If you want to play it a lot safer on a stock engine, run 6-7 psi

Here's what happened at 9 psi when I leaned her down a wee bit too much (racing). #6 piston - look carefully at the 11 o'clock area of the piston. That's called an expensive "oops."

tpiston2.jpg

Hehehehehe... That's the little "oops" that led to building a bullet-proof engine. Good news was that I took first place running at 150 mph on 5 cylinders! Now I've got an engine where I don't have to really worry much about things like that. It was a cracked piston, but it didn't score the cylinder (what you see on the cylinder walls is a reflection of the top of the piston). I still have that piston sitting here in my office -- a reminder of my escapades with my 350.

• 4 months later...