HR 350z Intermittent Starting Issue

M.1

I did reply to your facebook message on the Abbey Motorsport Facebook page. I would like to speak to you with regards this issue.

ring me on 01883 732331 ext 2

thanks

Hi Mark, my apologies it completely slipped my mind that you had replied. However I think we have finally found the issue, car finally threw a code this morning whilst stuck in this low rev mode type thing. Code I got was P0158 - 02 Sensor Circuit High Voltage, Bank 2, Sensor 2. Had a look at the symptoms of this fault and it's almost identical to what my car has.

Hi,

I doubt that sensor will cause the issues you have been speaking about;

The rear 02 sensors only measure how efficiently the CATs are cleaning the exhaust gas.

I can lend you a rear O2 sensor if needed thou.

Back from working away this week, started the car up the code has vanished, now I have a code of P0171 Bank 1 too lean. Nissan are now suggesting there might be a vacuum leak somewhere or something in the fuel system has went bad causing lack of fuel pressure on cold starts then too much pressure when hot ie fuel pump, injector or regulator problem. I reset the P0171 code and so far it's not come back, dropping the car off at Nissan tomorrow for an extensive week test, this is what happens when the car is run from cold and now more so even when the engine has heated to optimal temp https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be, also when the car finally manages to run it drives fine however occasionally the revs almost stutter like it's going to suddenly cut out for almost 1-2 seconds whilst driving, I've noticed when revving the engine when the RPM's drop back down the tac seems to stick at 1.5k for literally 0.5 seconds before dropping back to 800-1k idle speed. Another thing I've noticed is sometimes when the revs stick if you turn the A/C on the rev's have been known to jump back to normal and the car drives. I got stuck at work after leaving the car parked up for 4 hours, car literally would not come out of this rev mode for 20-30 minutes, turned the A/C on and it jumped into life, which is strange, I can hear a very slight hiss coming from Bank 1 at the top of the intake pipe but I've tried having a listen for a specific pipe round that area that the noise is coming from can't seem to triangulate which one it is or if it's normal

Mark I'd give you a ring for advice however I work long hours so finding the time is a bit of an issue.

Edited by M.1

Pm'd you mate. Cheers.

Update on this; My local garage where as good as useless.

Nissan are going down the route of the following; Bad Fuel pump ie not maintaining pressure on cold starts, Bad injector(s) Cam or Crank positioning sensors or Throttle Body problems.

Edited by M.1

• 2 weeks later...

The solution has been found. Car was with Nissan all week as I was working away got the car back and they have said that the wiring harness/loom is bad which has lead the o2 sensors being shorted/high voltage(nothing specific with regards to which part of the harness) so they have suggested that they should replace the Harness/loom but have given me a price of £1600 for the job. My mechanic has suggested I find out which part of the harness is knackered and they can essentially cut out the old wiring and replace it/solder it back on with new wires. Anyone know what the best course of action would be with this one? I always assume Nissan take the p*ss when it comes to prices however I'm not sure on the price it would be for a harness replacement etc. Would I be best getting a second hand HR harness (not sure if DE would work) or even if it's possible to use a second hand harness or would I be best replacing the harness with a brand new one? Any suggestions welcome.

Mark I'll PM you via abbey's email for reference.

Edited by M.1

Just noticed Nissan have sent me a video of the issue (must be to save them explaining) Below is the section of the harness/loom that is apparently causing the issue. They have said the live wire is sending an erratic signal to the ECU causing the rev and starting issue. By the looks of things it seems on first view easy enough to patch/fix without going for a full harness. Anyone had a problematic issue or the same experience regards this? Yep Bems when I got the call today my thought was Alex haha. Might be fixable without the full harness

l1SUaA.png

Edited by M.1