Fitting ARB Bushes - quick question

RobPhoboS

I'll probably end up popping this on the list for Sly to do but I just wondered, when fitting uprated bushes to the ARB, will I need to disconnect the droplink ends ? (I'm guessing I'll have to)

As my replacement poly bushes have cuts in them to go over the bar, rather than be slid down it into position (if that makes sense).

Cheers :thumbs:

Yeah you can fit them without removing the DLs. Just undo brackets that secure the ARB to the chassis, drop the ARB as far down as the DLs will allow it.

The bushes will be exposed underneath the brackets and just can be pulled out easily by hand as they have slits (all ARB bushes have slits to ease installation). Instal the new bushes and brackets and enjoy. There is usually some silicon grease provided but I've never used it.

It would take you more time to put the car up on 4 axle stands than to do the swap.

My advice would be to get proper tools to avoid rounding any of the hex bolts (ideally powered) and use WD 40 liberally if unable to shift those 10yr old corrosions.

Cheers mate, much appreciated !

I just had some odds n sods to do on it, and thought these are the only ones I can fit without a bearing press :lol:

I'll get a post up regarding all of the other bits and pieces I'll (Sly) be doing :)

I'm just ordering some PENETRATING FLUID :lol:

Edited by RobPhoboS

Well I tried... Then gave up 😢

At the front, 3 of the 4 bolts that hold the bracket in place were fine but the 4th one has an extra long thread. So I couldn't get the socket over it.

I do have a 'crows foot' set but not very good fitment unfortunately.

Oh, plus I saw I have a screw sticking into the front side of one of my tyres, so I got angry and thought I'll bloody just break something. (one of those, everything going wrong days).

Poo

Edited by RobPhoboS