Clicking Rear Axles - Bit more info please!

Pistonzed

I've read lots about this already (as I have the problem).

But can't find any anserws to the following, can somebody please answer:

1) Is it dangerous?

2) Is it damaging anything or just an annoyance?

3) What are the parts I need to fix it and where can I get them (rather than paying stealer prices?

Many thanks

Pistonzed

1) Don't think so as they would have to have done a factory recall, as it was it was just a Technical Service Bulliten

2) I don't think so. It is kind of annoying though!

3) Someone does offer a kit. Big Phil or Envy I think with all parts and very keenly priced!

• 2 weeks later...

CV joint and bearing are the parts that are replaced.

It is quite common...

the chamfer between the drive shaft and the universal joint has been increased. Nissan originally said that they had fixed the problem, however it then occurred on later models

There are two fixes on the Hi-Tech system AFAIK one involving turning the driveshaft over 180 degrees and re-fixing (temp fix) and one involving replacing the cv joint and bearings

Don't let em just turn em and grease em.

Thats what was done to mine and its just started clicking again, literally in the last week, after 20k+ miles with no problem. Unfortunately for Nissan it has happened again right before warranty runs out, only a month to go too.

I've little doubt that the temp fix by Nissan is purely to see them through till cars are out of the warranty period, a nice cheap fix for them.

Don't let em just turn em and grease em.

Thats what was done to mine and its just started clicking again, literally in the last week, after 20k+ miles with no problem. Unfortunately for Nissan it has happened again right before warranty runs out, only a month to go too.

I've little doubt that the temp fix by Nissan is purely to see them through till cars are out of the warranty period, a nice cheap fix for them.

They did mine six months out of warranty for free, I assume they replaced whatever it is as it would have cost me somewhere near a grand if I was paying. Then again my mum works at the dealership so that might have had some influence over them.

• 2 weeks later...

They did mine six months out of warranty for free, I assume they replaced whatever it is as it would have cost me somewhere near a grand if I was paying. Then again my mum works at the dealership so that might have had some influence over them.

result mate :thumbs: