call of duty 4 - pc demo

neo

call of duty 4 - pc demo should be out today oct 11th 9am PST,it's around 1.4gig download and only a single player demo,hope your pc can run it :)

Required (minimum) Specs

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz or AMD® Athlon 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported

RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)

Hard Drive: 8GB of free space

Video card: NVIDIA® Geforce 6600 or better or ATI® Radeon® 9800 Pro or better

Recommended Specs

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better

RAM: 1G for XP; 2G for Vista

Hard Drive: 8GB of free space

Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/call ... emo/533701

or

www.callofduty.com for a list of mirrors

nice F**k up by yahoo,they got exclusive rights to the demo and have only used ONE yes ONE SERVER for the entire world, as far as the people on the cod forums are concerned NO ONE as got the demo and it was released about few hours ago :rant: :rant:

might be able to get it tomorrow (friday) if infinity ward realise their total F**k up and post a list of mirrors :rant: :rant:

rant over :)

yeah got up at 5am,downloaded in about 20mins now they listed lots of mirrors :) :)

awesome demo and plays pretty good on me pc (4600 x2, 2gig ram, 7900gt 256mb) get around 30-40 when the fightings intense so quite impressed thought i'd need a 8800gts to get reasonable framerates

1280x1024 (60hz) 2x AA and all the others set to default (textures extra,high,high), will have a play around with the settings later :)

Ok - downloaded no problem. But it has created a 1.37 gig file with a suffix of .PL which my fab computer wants to open with a text editor (but cant cos its too big)

What program should I open and run the file from?

Thanks

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: