Roadster roof

Roland Rat

Hi all, I am looking for some help/advice on my soft top, a small tear has developed just at the bottom corner of the roof right behind my ear!!! It's is only small but want to know if someone has had this type of problem if so did they manage to get it successfully repaired? Is there anyone on here who does small repairs or am I going to have to replace the whole roof?

Thanks as always in advance

It'a a common problem, mine are like basset hound's ears now but don't appear to leak, I'll get the material replaced when it's totally f**ked but unless there's some weird upwards rain phenomenon it doesn't really bother me - looks a bit tatty but the roof spends most of its time down unless the weather's s**te. There's a couple of decent places here in UK that can recover and with proper material not the rubbish Nissan stuff. I think I saw an ad on EBay recently for one of then around £450 for the job. I'll see if I can fish out the link for you. :)

Linky:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-2003-2006-on-Soft-Top-convertible-car-hood-/271330884192?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item3f2c94ba60

Edited by Floydbax
  • Like 1

Robins roof is supposed to be the best replacement. They offer the same German material merc and audi use. It's much nicer than the standard roof.

The type of tear you mention can be repaired for around £50. But you will get wind noise on the motorway.

I was told to use Jack Smith in Swansea but have just contacted him and he says he will no longer repair or replace 350Z roofs as they are pain

The roofs I've seen that they have done look very DIY.

No wonder they are so cheap.