Odd cabin noise when accelerating

cs2000

Hey guys,

Wondered if anyone could offer any sage advice on a noise I've recently started hearing.

It's audible inside the cabin, not sure about outside and seems to be coming from the left of the engine Bay Area, kinda where the butterfly valve is when sat Inside the car. It happens under any acceleration level whether it be slowly or quickly but seems to happen somewhere around ,2800-3500 RPM in any gear.

It sounds somehow like a flapping noise, but it's too quiet to be able to pick up on a recording, I thought maybe it was damaged belts but only happens when accelerating.

Doesn't seem to do it when the cat is idle and you Rev it and from what I can tell it started after I fittes a new battery a few weeks ago:

I can try to record the noise for you but it's pretty quiet as I say. Just wondered if anyone else have had this noise at all and could maybe offer some help.

Thanks all :)

Only thing I could suggest is the zorst has or is moving slightly - there is a heat shield just below the TB maybe just touching that?

The engine will move on it's mounts slightly when accelerating so if the clearance is tight it may be enough to touch when under load :shrug:

Just a suggestion for something to look at mind :)

Thanks keyser, il take a look at ok at that, see if I can feel/ see anything. The kdd flappy noise seems to match the burble of the exhaust if that makes sense?

I did suspect a plastic cover somehow but it doesn't seem speed related, it can do it when accelerating from a standstill if you so it hard or from 60mph if you hit the right Rev range.

I guess il just have to give everything. A push and see what moves. Failing that il stick a go pro under the bonnet with some log and go for a drive, see if I can see what's moving around.