Spam Filter - Recommendations?

WoREoD

I've recently installed a trial version of Cloudmark (as recommended in PCPro), which is an on PC spam filter. Important points for me are:

It uses a Internet database to decide what is Spam.

It runs on the PC so if an incoming e-mail does go missing you can check the Spam folder (very important from my business perspective).

I'm very tempted to subscribe but just thought I'd check here to see if there is a better alternative.

Thoughts?

JK

Home PC? Don't own one and use gmail for personal mail so no worries with spam.

Business network? I use Trend InterScan. Same idea as what you've got there except db is stored locally on server and updates continually based on Trends servers. We're blocking 15 to 25 thousand spam mails a week between 300-400 users. We also use it to control profanities, virus's, attachments and none business related content. I’m a bastard. :teeth:

How much is this Cloudmark a year?

Guy

I prefer to forward all our business emails over to Yahoo and use their spam filters, you can move mail in an out of the bulk folder, read it etc and then pop3 to our pc's it when its all sorted.

It saves wasting bandwidth and I can view it and dload it from anywhere in the world. I also use Yahoo's smtp server rather than our individual ISP's...so all the pc's and laptops carry the same pop3/smtp settings.