y section exhaust needed

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Folks

my 2005 fairlady has had a flexy damaged and need a new y pipe...where can i get one please, I have seen new ones on Ebay at approx£130 to £350....are they any good? which ones are OK? anyone got an old one left after an upgrade possibly? I have tried my local exhaust centres and they are not listed !!

cheers

JohnUKVetteNut

The EBay ones are OK. There's 2 maybe 3 companies that sell them on there in 2 different formats (both are copies of proven more expensive other company's designs), if you look you can see they do a new 99p start listing every week, I got mine (Toyosports version) for around £60 delivered, I guess it depends on how many people are needing a new one that week I've seen them go for a lot less and for almost the 'Buy it now' prices. Don't expect they make any difference to the car on their own except saving a little weight over the standard Nissan item. They are 2 1/2" at the cat end which I think is standard and 3" at the mid-pipe end and they DO marry up OK to the standard mid-pipe, but it won't improve the gas flow on its own as it's still restricted by the rest of the system. Might sound a bit nicer though!! :)

Hi Folks

just to say Santa brought me an early Xmas pressie , a fleabay stainless centre "Y" section which looks good quality ( time will tell) fitted easily and yes it did fit my auto roadster, as I had posted a query regarding fitment to my car which was not answered, so they fit!! Price was £110 in total.

My local garage allowed me to use their ramp to do it myself. I was having difficulty in removing the nuts from the exhaust ( usual problem I know) but they allowed me to use their "induction heater" on my nuts!! This is wonderfull piece of kit thats flexible and can fit over any size nut and within 15 seconds the nut glows red hot!! Making removal much easier. Allows any nut to be removed even near flammable parts as it only heats the area within the flexible loop.

OK of to work now

JohnUKVetteNut