Knocking help Needed!

e-c-h

Hi all,

Sorry to open up and age old discussion again. I need a little help I have got the from knocking on my 54 350. I have had my mechanic loon at it and he can't see anything worn he has also had the pry bar on it and doesn't seem to be much movement in the ball joint. I am thinking it has o be compression are. My mechanic says that there are three compression on each from corner though? Which would be the likely culprit?

Many thanks, can't wait to sort this bloody knocking out!

Ed

Hi all,

Sorry to open up and age old discussion again. I need a little help I have got the from knocking on my 54 350. I have had my mechanic loon at it and he can't see anything worn he has also had the pry bar on it and doesn't seem to be much movement in the ball joint. I am thinking it has o be compression are. My mechanic says that there are three compression on each from corner though? Which would be the likely culprit?

Ed

I know how you feel, I have noticed a knocking and a clicking, so my new years list will no doubt include banana arms and drop links.

I have a feeling father Christmas is bringing me some lowering springs so a suspension overhaul is on the cards.

• Like 1

Hi I had a knock on drivers side. mate said change the drop link instead I went for the banana arm still had the knocking so replaced the drop links drivers side was fine passenger side drop link had worn all ok now nice and quiet expensive mistake on my side good luck mate

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Right so bit of an update, I have now had the banana arm replaced. Knocking seems to have improved a bit but it is still there!! I hadn't appreciated this but the car has been lowered could this be something to do with it?

Hi all,

Ed

I know how you feel, I have noticed a knocking and a clicking, so my new years list will no doubt include banana arms and drop links.

I have a feeling father Christmas is bringing me some lowering springs so a suspension overhaul is on the cards.

Right so as previously said, had all bushings checked over and some replaced. Had the banana arm kindly supplied by Alex and fitted in attempt to sort out the knocking. No luck was still getting the knock. Was standing looking at the engine scratching my head and thought I would have a play with the engine brace bar when I found that the left hand locking nut was only finger tight. Got a spanner on it tightened it up and would you believe it no more knocking. What a bast**d!!

• Like 1